Kaiser Permanente employees can donate their time at Saturday Surgery Sessions where the volunteer team cares for 5-15 patients. Some of the more common procedures are: hernia repairs, cataract removals, diagnostic colonoscopies, cyst removals, biopsies, ENT, and knee repairs. Saturday surgery sessions are scheduled 2-4 times per year at each of the following medical centers:
We need volunteer nurses, technicians, Physician Assistants, LVNs, and support staff from the following departments:
- Feel great knowing that you helped a person in need who otherwise could not afford treatment.
- Volunteer at your own hospital with your colleagues.
- Prevent medical conditions from developing into costly emergencies.
- Employed at the KP Medical Center where you will volunteer
- Provide care to OA patients during Saturday Sessions for a minimum 3 hour shift.
- Sign up and commit to a full shift in advance of volunteering
- At least one Saturday per year.